Fast food restaurants know that in this day and age, value for money is so important. The farther your one dollar can go, the better. And while you will still visit your quick service restaurants for your favorites in the menu, it would make a world of a difference if you could have these favorites for only a dollar. Recently, McDonald’s cooked up a “Dollar Menu and More” to give customers exactly this. And it looks like Taco Bell is quickly following suit.
McDonald’s “Dollar Menu & More”
is one of the fast food giants that has dominated the scene for quite some time, and through the years it has come up with some of the most iconic menu offerings – your favorite Sausage McMuffin, your one and only Chicken McNuggets, and even your Double Cheeseburger. Now imagine all the hallelujahs when McDonald’s announced that all of these offerings would be available for only a dollar. Yes, you heard that right, a dollar.
Paying close attention to the value of customer’s pockets, McDonald’s came up with the “Dollar Menu” to show exactly how far a customer’s 1 dollar can go. It took the fast food world by storm when it started offering fan favorites for only a dollar each, and of course the lines were long. This strategy is part of a master plan that aims to increase sales. Naturally, if you offer the same food for much less, customers will only be too happy to oblige.
Recently though, McDonald’s revamped this value menu to become the “Dollar Menu & More,” not limiting the price range to a dollar. Basically, you get around 3 price points – $1, $2, and $5. Whether this is due to the rising cost of ingredients or some other factor, it only means that you need to pay $1 for some menu items and $1++ for the rest.
Even with this new development, it’s still a brave move for McDonald’s to come up with a superior value menu that only costs a dollar or thereabouts. Bringing down the price to such value for money is something that customers appreciate and competitors should pay attention to, and this is probably why Taco Bell has reacted the way it did.
Taco Bell’s “Dollar Cravings Menu”
Clearly a response to McDonald’s dollar challenge, Taco Bell has also come up with its own version of the super value offerings just this August 18. Taco Bell’s budget-friendly menu is basically offering 11 fan favorites that have been reimagined to cost only $1 each. No matter what your craving is, Taco Bell has something to offer you. Here are some of 1-dollar offerings:
• Spicy Tostada – Imagine a tostada with all the goodness of beans, tomatoes, lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese, and a spicy chipotle sauce to top it all off.
• Triple Layer Nachos – Nacho lovers will surely appreciate the 1-dollar version of this favorite. Basically, these are your toasted nacho chips that’s topped with a yummy combination of beans, zesty red sauce, and warm nacho cheese.
• Beefy Fritos Burrito – If you’re looking for something a little more filling, this could be the 1-dollar option for you. Like any burrito, this one comes in a tortilla wrap that’s filled with cilantro rice, ground beef, nacho cheese sauce, and Fritos.
• Cheesy Bean and Rice Burrito – For those who could be looking for a burrito but are craving for something a little lighter and less meaty, this one’s loaded with cheesy beans instead.
• Shredded Chicken Mini Quesadilla – Quesadillas are a staple in any Tex-Mex menu, and it isn’t absent in this 1-dollar one either. With this offering, you get delicious shredded chicken, three cheeses, and creamy jalapeno – all in your yummy tortilla.
• Beefy Mini Quesadilla – If you’re more in the mood for beef than you are for shredded chicken, then this beefy mini quesadilla might be the one-dollar item you’ve been looking for.
• Spicy Potato Soft Taco – A variation to your usual taco is this version that comes with a soft tortilla shell. It comes with everything you usually find in a taco – lettuce, tomatoes, cheese – but this time also with spicy potatoes.
• Cheesy Roll-up – The perfect appetizer comes in the form of gooey cheese rolled up in a tortilla.
• Cinnabon Delights – Of course, you can get desserts for a dollar too. For only $1, you can get a pair of Cinnabon bites filled with the best cream cheese frosting you can ask for, then coated with cinnamon and sugar.
• Cinnamon Twists – You could also get cinnamon sticks twisted and powdered with cinnamon and sugar bits.
• Caramel Apple Empanadas – Empanadas have always been a staple in Mexican fare, but rarely do they come with a sweet filling of caramelized apples, just like this wonderful dessert treat.