A summer barbecue salad with halloumi, nectarine and tomatoes is delicious refreshment. This is due to the sweet nectarine and the juicy tomatoes. And creamy avocado and fresh herbs are added to the taste. It is best to serve the salad with warm pita bread and you have a simple lunch.
- 1 Barbecue salad with halloumi – a salad for the barbecue season
- 2 How is halloumi prepared?
- 3 So you can vary the barbecue salad
- 4 Do you fancy more halloumi recipes?
- 5 Grill salad with halloumi, nectarine and tomatoes
Barbecue salad with halloumi – a salad for the barbecue season
The grilled halloumi is the star of this dish. It tastes salty and has a special, almost rubbery texture. Summer stone fruits (which, by the way, can also be grilled) and juicy tomatoes go well with this grilled cheese. If you already know Halloumi, then you will surely know that it is a perfect opportunity for vegetarians to be at the grill in summer. The delicious cheese is also very versatile and goes well with almost everything. You can enjoy freshly baked ciabatta with it, as well as summer fruits (especially watermelon), grilled Mediterranean vegetables and fresh flavors of lemon and mint. I also think that a homemade marinara sauce goes well with it. You really have endless possibilities with Halloumi. But I like it best in salads.
How is halloumi prepared?
The grilled cheese has its home in the Mediterranean countries. Especially in Cyprus you can find it on every menu. All you need for the preparation is a little olive oil and a grill pan or one Grill attachment for the grill. The firm cheese with a high melting point can even be cooked on a charcoal grill or gas grill. But since it sticks easily, I recommend that you stick the cheese pieces on skewers or oil the grill grate well in advance and also coat the cheese with a little oil before you grill it. Grilling itself is easy. It is grilled for 2-3 minutes per side (depending on the thickness of the pieces or slices) until it has reached its beautiful golden brown color.
And if you don’t Grill pan and don’t have a grill either, then you can sear it in a coated pan. And here’s another tip: Since the cheese should be eaten immediately after grilling (it tastes best warm), you should have finished preparing the rest of the dishes.
So you can vary the barbecue salad
- Instead of nectarines, you can also use peaches.
- If halloumi is not available at the moment, mozzarella goes well with it. To do this, you cut the cheese into slices or pluck it into small pieces and spread it on the salad. And then you can use the nectarines or peaches for grilling.
- Try fresh croutons with it.
- And a handful of rocket always looks great on the grill salad.
- A delicious honey balsamic dressing is also a great idea.
Do you fancy more halloumi recipes?
Then try one of these other delicious salads with the fantastic grilled cheese:
Grill salad with halloumi, nectarine and tomatoes
An incredibly delicious grill salad with summer fruits, juicy tomatoes, fresh herbs and creamy avocado. The perfect way to enjoy a grilled halloumi.
x 200 g pack
cut into 10 slices
Cherry tomatoes or vine tomatoes,
A handful of basil,
cut into thin strips
A handful of flat leaf parsley
finely chopped (approx. 2 tbsp)
A handful of mint leaves
finely chopped (approx. 2 tbsp)
Extra virgin olive oil,
plus more for grilling
White balsamic vinegar
Coarse sea salt,
Black cumin (Nigella)
or Avocado Spice Spice Mix, for garnish
The greased grill or the Grill pan Heat on medium to high heat.
Drizzle the halloumi with additional oil and rub the oil lightly. Grill the cheese until grill marks can be seen and it can easily be removed from the grill (2-3 minutes per side). If it’s not done yet, it will still stick. As soon as it is golden brown, it can simply be turned over.
In the meantime, prepare the salad. Put the ingredients (tomatoes, nectarines, fresh herbs) in a large serving bowl and mix with the oil and vinegar. Then season with salt and pepper.
Arrange the avocado and the grilled halloumi on the salad. Garnish with pine nuts and the avocado with a little black cumin or Avocado Spice Spice up. Serve immediately.
- Halloumi tastes best straight from the grill. You should therefore make sure that the rest of the salad is ready before you put the cheese on the grill. It simply tastes best warm.
- I recommend you this fantastic Portuguese sea salt, which is dried in the sun and harvested by hand. It’s called Flor de Sal from Olhão, Algarve (Marisol Sal traditional from the Algarve) and it’s my favorite olive oil that’s perfect for grilling vegetables and dressings: Extra Virgin Raw Oil von Farchioni (no paid advertising!).
For a relaxed atmosphere in the kitchen, I recommend my personal Elle Republic: Chilled Out Kitchen Tunes Playlist on Spotify.
Have you tried this recipe?
How did it taste?
I would be happy if you tell me how you liked the recipe for barbecue salad with halloumi, nectarine and tomatoes. The easiest way is to rate the recipe below with stars ⭐ or write me a comment. Especially if you have more tips for all readers.
Have you changed anything in the recipe?
I am always happy to receive tips and suggestions from you. Leave a comment so everyone can see what ideas you’ve come up with. Sharing is caring :-).
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on the link and buy a product on Amazon, I will receive a small commission. Of course, the price of the item remains unchanged for you. Further information on advertising & promotional links on Elle Republic.