Ingeniously simple and simply ingenious: This heavenly streusel cherry cake will inspire you!
With this juicy crumble cherry cake from the tray, there’s another great baking recipe from grandma’s collection today. Although the cake is anything but spectacular, we are always thrilled. Especially the consistency: the cherry cake batter is juicy and soft, the crumbly butter crumbles melt on the tongue.
If you look at the recipe, you will notice that it is actually a perfectly normal cherry cake made from sponge mixture – but which somehow tastes much better than others. It’s just a special cherry cake like grandma’s. She has got that Crumble cherry cake recipe only a few years ago dug up from the depths of their huge baking recipe collection. And was thrilled. She had been looking for such a juicy, comparatively “compact” and firm cake for decades. Ever since she had eaten it in a café a long time ago on a North Sea vacation. So there it was: A quick cherry cake with sprinkles that looks anything but extraordinary, but tastes soooooooo delicious! Not only with cherries, by the way. The original recipe is, for example, with plums.
If you like, you can do the simple one Cherry Sprinkle cake bake from the tray in a springform pan. To do this, take a good half of the ingredients from the recipe. A little tip: Especially with cakes like this one, which should be rather high, I like to limit my tray with a baking frame or double-folded aluminum foil.
This makes the simple crumble cherry cake particularly juicy
This means that you don’t have the typical flat, often dry cake edges, but only beautiful pieces ?. If you have an extra deep sheet, you can do it fast Cherry cake with sprinkles of course you can also bake directly in it. Do you also have such “unspectacular” recipes as for this cherry cake with butter crumble, which are extremely simple but always go down well? I’m looking forward for comments! By the way: If you like to bake with cherries, then take a look at our other cherry cake recipes. And with our fruit cake recipes you will find not only cherry cake but also lots of other inspiration for baking fruit cakes (not just from the tray). The chocolate cake with cherries, the layered dessert or these cupcakes are also very delicious ?
Note: I published this post for the first time in 2017 and last updated in 2021.
You can find this and all other recipes in our APP
Simply bake your favorite recipes without advertising or other distractions, and sort the recipes in your own collections.
Learn more about our app!
Cherry cake with sprinkles
Save on Pinterest
To the comments
This crumble cherry cake is really juicy, crispy, fruity. A quick, easy cherry cake with sprinkles that always goes down well!
Quantity: 1 Baking sheet
For the sprinkles
- 250 Gram wheat flour
- 100 Gram Zucker
- 125 Gram Butter liquid
- 800 Gram Cherries or 500g drained from the glass
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees top and bottom heat. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper and possibly border it with a baking frame or double-folded aluminum foil so that there is no flat edge. Wash the cherries, stone them or – if out of the glass – let them drain.
- First prepare the crumble. To do this, add the melted butter to the flour and sugar. First knead with the dough hook or fork, then crumble with your fingers to make nice crumble.
- Mix the softened butter with the sugar until frothy. Stir in the eggs one at a time. Mix the flour, starch, baking powder, lemon zest and salt. Stir in alternately with the milk to make the dough. Use only enough milk until the batter falls from the spoon and tears with difficulty.
- Spread the dough on the baking sheet. Spread the cherries on top. Cover with the sprinkles. Bake the cake for about 35-40 minutes.
- The cherry cake also tastes good with blueberries, plums, currants or cherries from the glass.
Tips & tricks for batter